Welcome to WanaHaka® Wine Tours & Māori Culture
Kia Ora and Welcome!
WanaHaka® offers you an authentic Māori experience both on its own as a Whakataū/Welcome and also combined with our wine tours to connect you with the Tangata Whenua (people of the land).
If you love wine, and want to connect with NZ's Māori culture and history then BOOK NOW >
Transfers included from your Wanaka and Cromwell accommodation, transfers also from Queenstown(*small fee applies). The tours below can be modified to suit your individual or groups specific needs so please ask for more information.
Wine Tour with Māori Culture (3 tour options available)
You will receive the authentic Māori culture & wine experience, visiting boutique and more personalised Central Otago wineries in the Wanaka, Tarras, Cromwell and Queenstown area with a high likelihood of the wine maker hosting.
There are four tour options available with WanaHaka to suit your needs.
There are three different tour time options available with WanaHaka® to suit your needs.
1) A 3 hour tour which forms the ’Short ’n Sweet Wine Tour' is ideal from $139 per person in the Wanaka and Tarras area which includes all tastings of 10-14 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and transfers*.
2) A 4 hour tour which forms the ‘Wine Tour with Māori Culture Wanaka’ & ‘Wine Tour with Māori Culture Queenstown' from $189pp in the Wanaka/Cromwell includes all tastings of 15-20 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter for 2 plus.
3) A 5 hour tour which forms the ‘Wero Wine Tour' from $239pp in the Wanaka/Cromwell includes all tastings of 22-26 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter for 2 plus.
This is the only wine tour in Central Otago that connects the amazing wines and land with our Māori culture of New Zealand
Māori Culture (30-45 minutes)
At WanaHaka we have 3 different Whakataū/welcome options.
1. There is a single price option, this option is ideal if you want to experience the welcome at the tree in the water #thatwanakatree with performance times and outline attached. CLICK HERE TO VIEW. (*minimum of 4 people apply)
2. The small group option is designed for groups of 10+and is ideal if you want to experience the welcome at the tree in the water #thatwanakatree or at a specific location in Queenstown or Wanaka. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
3.This is a Wedding Welcome and is more personalised towards YOUR wedding and to provide your guests with a unique Māori culture experience to include in your special day here in New Zealand.For the bride and the groom their own authentic New Zealand bone carvings are included. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Māori are the indigenous people of Aotearoa New Zealand, with a rich history which we want to share with YOU.
If you are looking for a private transfer to Queenstown from Wanaka with a couple 'photo stops' and some Maori history on the way then this is your WanaHaka transfer. Ideally suited for travellers with suitcase baggage only with a min of 2 and max of 4. Booking by appointment only.