Experience New Zealand...
Welcome to WanaHaka® Wine Tours & Māori Culture
Kia Ora and Welcome!
WanaHaka® is the Māori culture and Wine Tour experience in both Queenstown and Wanaka that is purely focused on delivering the past(Māori history) and the present(modern day culture connection & wine tours). It can be through a Māori welcome to truely connect with New Zealand and also with our vibrant and beautiful Central Otago wines and our tours.
If you love wine, and want to connect with NZ's Māori culture and history then Book Online >
WanaHaka® Covid-19 Safety Plan.
Click on link below.
Our Wine Tours with Māori Culture in Queenstown and Wanaka are the most popular combining the history of the land with the modern success of the beautiful wines of Central Otago.
To truely connect with a country we must connect with the culture of the country. Our Māori Whakatau/Welcomes are unique and designed to connect you with the culture of New Zealand and can be done for families, friends, groups, conferences and weddings.
*minimum numbers apply on both tours and conditions
Wine Tour with Māori Culture (3 tour options available)
You will receive the authentic Māori culture & wine experience, visiting boutique and more personalised Central Otago wineries in the Wanaka, Tarras, Cromwell and Queenstown area with a high likelihood of the wine maker hosting.
There are three different tour options available with WanaHaka® to suit your needs.
'Express' Winter Wine Tour Deal-Buy 1 get 1 free-only $74.50pp (Book online for 1 and 2 go)
1) A 2/2.5 hour tour which forms the 'Express' Wine Tour with Māori Culture is ideal from $149 per person in the Wanaka and Tarras area which includes all tastings of 10-14 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and transfers*.
2) A 4 hour tour which forms the ‘Wine Tour with Māori Culture Wanaka’ & ‘Wine Tour with Māori Culture Queenstown' from $199pp in the Wanaka/Cromwell includes all tastings of 15-20 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter for 2 plus.
3) A 5 hour tour which forms the ‘Wero Wine Tour with Māori Culture' from $249pp in the Wanaka/Cromwell includes all tastings of 22-26 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter for 2 plus.
This is the only wine tour in Central Otago that connects the amazing wines and land with our Māori culture of New Zealand
Māori Culture (30-45 minutes)
At WanaHaka® we have 3 different Whakataū/Welcome options.
1. There is a single price option, this option is ideal if you want to experience the Māori Welcome with performance times and outline attached. CLICK HERE TO VIEW. (*minimum of 4 people apply)
2. The small group option is designed for groups of 10+and is ideal if you want to experience the Māori Welcome or at a specific location in Queenstown or Wanaka. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
3.This is a Wedding Welcome and is more personalised towards YOUR wedding and to provide your guests with a unique Māori culture experience to include in your special day here in New Zealand.For the bride and the groom their own authentic New Zealand bone carvings are included. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Māori are the indigenous people of Aotearoa New Zealand, with a rich history which we want to share with YOU.
Stay with us!
You have your own personal newly built space with modern shower and toilet, double glazing, bar fridge and unlimited wifi and Smart TV with Freeview & complimentary Amazon Movies etc. Only 200m to the lake front shops and cafes, 75m to New World Supermarket-we are literally right in town.